Active Shooters in the Workplace: Key Strategies
Active shooter events have risen dramatically in the United States in recent years. Recent workplace incidents demonstrate the need for employers to develop policies and procedures to plan for and protect their employees and customers during these highly dangerous occurrences. This webinar will discuss:
- Key components of an active shooter response policy;
- Actions recommended by law enforcement officials to take when confronted with an active shooter in the workplace;
- Potential workplace violence indicators;
- Steps for addressing employees who have indicated previous violent behavior or indicators of violence;
- Actions to take to prevent and prepare for potential active shooter incidents; and
- Managing the consequences of an active shooter incident.
Carla J. Gunnin
Principal, Jackson Lewis
Shannon L. Meade
VP, Policy, National Restaurant Association
About Our Law Firm Partners
Jackson Lewis P.C.
JacksonLewis is a proud Law Firm Partner of the Restaurant Law Center. Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, JacksonLewis’ 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.